Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Senior Construction Manager
Our client is seeking: Construction Project Manager
Our client is seeking individuals with experience as a Construction Project Manager. The major responsibilities will be related to assist in preparing and updating all assigned project schedules, including subcontractors and material deliveries. Assist in pre-construction activities including take-offs, bid solicitation, bid review, subcontractor negotiations and assembly of the final project budget
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Contract to Perm
- Pay rate: $38/hr. – 40/hr.
- Salary range: $75,000 – 80,000
- Full benefits, perks, etc.
- Job# bh11309
Industry Type: Commercial Construction, Construction Project Manager Position: Full-time Salary: Competitive based on experience
Reporting to the Senior Director of Construction / Development and Property Management, this wide-ranging position will include oversight of contractors, architects, consultants, and engineers and direct those activities to meet project schedules. RK Centers is a family-owned business in which the ownership is fully involved in the day to day operations. Selected candidate will be directly responsible for organizing, supervising, scheduling & planning of multiple commercial projects to maximize cost efficiency and motivate employees to complete each project assigned on time and under budget. Provide technical expertise on site cost estimates, negotiate contracts and change orders, and establish project objectives. Project management services which reduce inefficiencies that lead to cost overruns and delays. We believe in streamlining and simplifying the construction project management process to save our clients time, money and aggravation. We are searching for a Construction Assistant Project Manager.
In this role, you will report directly to the Project Manager and the Vice President of Construction. You will work closely with job-site staff, main office staff, vendors and subcontractors to ensure the seamless completion of our company’s multifamily construction projects.
Responsibilities: (Included but not limited to)
Assist in preparing and updating all assigned project schedules, including subcontractors and material deliveries. Assist in pre-construction activities including take-offs, bid solicitation, bid review, subcontractor negotiations and assembly of the final project budget. Assist in the development of monthly cash flow projections. Attend and participate in daily project meetings. Assist in identifying conflicts and work to find and implement viable solutions. Prioritize tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project; overseeing the tasks and responsibilities assigned to employees and subcontractors; Make frequent visits to the project site, verifying that the sites organized and clean, and that satisfactory progress is being made in order to meet the established completion target. Track and process product submittals as required. Assist in the review and processing of monthly payment applications. This includes site visits to confirm completion percentages.
Construction Project Manager with experience, can meet deadlines, keeping costs low, and willing to do what it takes to complete the projects... read on!**What You Will Be Doing**-Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion-Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs-Oversee all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations-Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors-Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory-Meet contractual conditions of performance-Review the work project on a daily basis-Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status-Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones-Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts, and obtain permits and licenses-Analyze, manage and mitigate risks-Ensure quality construction standards and use the proper construction techniques-Willing to jump in and take care of things if ever needed.
**What You Need for this Position**-Proven working experience in construction management-Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards-Understanding of all facets of the construction process-Familiarity with construction management software packages-Ability to plan and see the "big picture"-Competent in conflict and crisis management-Leadership and human resources management
- Excellent time and project management skills
- B.S. Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Oversee construction projects from beginning to end Manage the budget and estimate costs
- Determine the necessary equipment, materials, and manpower needed
- Prepare reports regarding job status Resolve any problems that may arise Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes
- Evaluate risks Collaborate with general contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects and key team members of the project team
- Negotiate with external vendors on contract agreements Obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites
- Plan construction operations Ensure all deadlines are met
- Hire contractors and staff including construction laborers
- Delegate responsibilities
- Allocate and manage resources to ensure that they are available when they are needed throughout the construction projects
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress on projects and prepare progress reports regularly
- Handle any environmental or local community issues that may come up during a project
- Conduct site checks to monitor progress and quality standards
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!