Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 5/17/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Beverly, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 75-85K
Responsible for creating, documenting, developing and implementing procedures used to assemble, process, test and /or manufacture products. Will design, implement, monitor and maintain manufacturing processes. Consult with design engineers in order to achieve the most efficient and cost-effective way of producing the highest quality product possible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The incumbent may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Improve existing operations, incorporating new methods, processes and training.
- Handle equipment purchase and installation, perform IQ/OQ and PQ functions.
- Investigate operational problems affecting production and deal with them in a systematic, methodical manner.
- Prepare manufacturing documentation required for product manufacture.
- Coordinate projects.
- Identify ways to reduce production costs.
- Work with R&D and other departments to produce cost estimates for new designs.
- Work with regulatory bodies to ensure safety, environmental and design standards are met.
- Serve as a team member in support of ‘design for manufacturability’.
- Assist R&D in the transition of new products to production product status.
- Generate and update assembly documentation (travelers/work instructions).
- Process engineering changes (ECOs)
- Control manufacturing costs by employee creative manufacturing and assembly methods (fixture design).
- Determine and review product cost.
- Provide production floor support.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- BS in mechanical or manufacturing engineering. Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Prior experience in machine shop practices including milling, turning and grinding is preferred.
- Experience with Six Sigma.
- Experience with mechanical design using SolidWorks.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience – preferably in the medical device industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Prior experience in technical writing and procedure development.
- Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776