Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 5/6/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Senior QA Engineer
Location: Bedford, MA 01730
Employment Type: Full Time, Contract to Permanent
Pay Range: 47-49/hr. or 95-100K
Duration: Contract to Permanent
Senior QA Engineer
The manager is looking for the following in terms of experience: 9+ years of QA experience, preferably supporting multi-tiered web enabled applications and systems.
A minimum of 3 year mentoring Junior QA Engineers to be effective in Quality process Hands-on experience in Software Testing process including Manual & Automated Testing using Selenium.
Experience in Compatibility, Security & Performance Testing & tools is preferred. Strong database SQL scripting knowledge Experience working with global team and working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Healthcare experience / RCM applications knowledge / project experience would be a plus
Develops Test plans, test cases and executes manual & automated testing for complex, multi-tier, distributed, Web applications throughout the lifecycle of the software. Works on all our applications, including new and in production
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops Test Plans to ensure quality QA process is laid out to test the software applications
- Ensures features achieve the desired level of functional flow and quality, including reliability, security and performance methodologies, pass/fail criteria, risk assessment and assumptions.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts
- Performs Manual Testing:
- Design, develop, and document comprehensive test cases for various products
- Ensure product under test meets technical, functional, performance and business requirements
- Develops Automation Testing suites:
- Design, document, manage and execute test cases and suites
- Develop and maintain Automation scripts using Selenium and Java.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Automation framework by preparing reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of the test scripts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
- Prior word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience including proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification in QA tools and/or processes would be desired.
- 9+ years of QA experience, preferably supporting multi-tiered web enabled applications and systems.
- A minimum of 3 year mentoring Junior QA Engineers to be effective in Quality process
- Hands-on experience in Software Testing process including Manual & Automated Testing using Selenium.
- Experience in Compatibility, Security & Performance Testing & tools is preferred.
- Strong database SQL scripting knowledge
- Experience working with global team and working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Healthcare experience / RCM applications knowledge / project experience would be a plus
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Expert experience with various types of testing such as white-box, black-box, integration, system, regression & performance testing.
- Automation testing experience using Selenium framework.
- Thorough knowledge in Software testing life cycle & Test processes.
- Expert experience writing test scripts, test plans and working with project teams
- Ability to create out of box Test scenarios, test cases.
- Ability to create defect reports, track, monitor the defects in the Bug tracking tool until closure.
- Ability to communicate well with the development team and the stake holders.
- Detail Oriented, Analytical with good documentation skills.
- Should be capable of multiple Testing applications / products.
- Should be familiar with version control software (TFS) & Test case management software / tools
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776