- The main skills we are looking for is someone who has Allen Bradley controls skills and web handling experience.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required.
- Ideally someone with 8-10 years of experience ...
The Controls Engineer is responsible for implementing operations and capital improvement activities related to plant and equipment. This position leads process control and instrumentation upgrades and modifications, ensuring a high level of manufacturing effectiveness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages projects for safety, quality, productivity, asset reliability, process improvement, cost reduction and other business objective improvement.
- Projects from initial concept and scope development through design, procurement, construction/installation and start-up.
- Designs and drafts systems of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment such as programmable controllers.
- Provides instruction in operation, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Heavily involved in continuous improvement plans across the manufacturing environment.
- Utilize your background in Electrical Hardware, Automation Systems, and Process Control Systems. Specifically, a high level of proficiency in Allen-Bradley ControlLogix/Compactlogix/SLC 500/PLC 5, PLCs, Kinetix Servo systems, FactorytalkView SE/ME applications, configuring and setting up Powerflex DC/AC VFDs, DeviceNet and ControlNet, Ethernet communications.
- Support the planning, prioritizing, and reviewing the technical plans for engineering/maintenance of the production and facility equipment including the preparation of project plans, schedules, budgets and proposals.
- Troubleshoot issues with the Rockwell Systems – SCADA, MES, PLCs, VFDs and Servos, IO and Safety Devices.
- Be proficient in Software Development - PLC programming, IO Configuration, SCADA/HMI programming and computer communication systems and network protocols – Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet.
- Prepare system integration plans, system specification, system architecture drawings, wiring diagrams, P&IDs, equipment tag list, configurations, HMI screens, and a bill of materials.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing services; identifying resource needs; reviewing needs, allocating resources accordingly, and effectively communicating action plans/repairs.
- Participate in the development of control policies and procedures and making recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Project Management Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively
- Ability to interact successfully with people at all levels of the organization
- Good Teamwork Skills with other Engineers, Operators, Mechanics, Electricians, Paper Machine Superintendents, Procurement, Business Units, R&D, and others in the NY Operations.
- Paper Process/Web Handling/Electrical/Controls Skills and Experience
- Problem Solving/Decision Making Skills
- Six Sigma/Lean/Kaizen Experience
- Degreed Engineer: BS in Electrical/Electronics, Paper Science, Chemical, or equivalent, with 3+ years of experience
- Professional Engineer License a plus