Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Technical Support Representative
- Reports to the Technical Support Engineer
- Ideally, the candidate should have strong networking background, understanding how computers communicate with one another and the network.
- They would understand file permissions, be able to troubleshoot software issues, have Windows experience (even possibly a certification).
- Essentially, they are looking for someone with an IT type background that doesn’t mind being customer supporting and being on the phone
The Technical Support Rep. responsibilities will include telephone support of our custom Windows application, Windows operating systems, e-mail, dialup access and network support for customers and field employees. PC configuration and internal IT support will also be required.
- Answer all customer enquiries concerning operation and configuration of the Panoramic200™.
- Trouble-shooting network problems, including connectivity, wireless LAN access, VPN/broadband and non-reporting issues.
- Log every interaction into the CRM system.
- Call escalation to field teams for critical issues.
- Remote installation/troubleshooting for software and upgrades, data base repair and removal of software viruses
- Research technical and software issues to identify trends for early detection and repair.
- Perform data migration on customer computers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and/or experience as well as additional knowledge, skill and/or ability required for the position. For example – language skills (verbal, written, listening), software skills, analytical skills, mathematical skills, presentation skills, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual is expected to demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with our Competencies as outlined in the Competencies section below.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience of operating systems including Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 essential.
- PC hardware and configuration skills essential.
- Intermediate networking knowledge required.
- Previous experience working in a customer care environment.
- Excellent problem solving, telephone and communication skills.
- Knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes and procedures in order to resolve inquiries independently.
- Good customer and vendor relationship skills
- Ability to rapidly adapt to new technologies and assess their potential impact and usefulness in diverse areas within the company.
- Ability to work flexibly with the team to ensure timely delivery of service.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight timescales.
- An ability to work within tight deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Strong team player with flexible attitude to work priorities.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications and Internet Explorer).
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Locations: Marlboro, MA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776