Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 2/27/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Boston, MA 02108
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 100-110K + Bonus
Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer helps the Service Desk provide end-user support and customer service for computers, electronic devices and applications in a challenging, fast-paced environment. The position requires familiarity and expertise with operating systems, software deployment and patching, virtualization technologies, mobile devices, and business applications in order to provide superior technical support to all employees. This position is also responsible for evaluating new hardware and software to keep the firm current with industry standards.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues for all computers and peripherals, including networked and wireless devices.
- Automate common functions of the Service Desk such as OS deployment, software deployment, software updates/vulnerability patching and other common operating system tasks. This will include some custom scripting and programming as required.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems through testing and feedback; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Manage the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products, corresponding to business objectives, goals and needs.
- Ensure all systems are in compliance with our security policies and practices, including virus protection and desktop firewall settings.
- Responsible for ticket and project ownership from start to completion, escalation or hand-off, including providing expeditious service and detailed documentation at all stages.
- Responsible for Active Directory support and management.
- Configure and install computers, peripherals and software, including networked and wireless devices.
- Install, configure and maintain network supported applications, as well as application distribution systems.
- Provide desk-side information technology support to professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Support and maintain the virtual computing environment.
- Create physical and virtual operating system and application templates.
- Conduct research on new hardware and software to provide recommendations for standards and future purchases.
- Manage Proof of Concept initiatives and provide final recommendations.
- Plan and implement projects, including migrations, upgrades, and implementation of new technologies.
- Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines.
- Interact with vendors and contractors related to system installations, repairs and services.
- Create and maintain documentation related to system configurations, processes, and service records.
- On-call/after-hours support will be required. Scheduling is based on staffing.
- Provide guidance, support, and mentoring to colleagues.
- University degree in computer science and/or 8-10 years equivalent work experience.
- Experience supporting computers, printers, scanners and copiers.
- Experience with administration tools such as imaging software, Active Directory, and Remote Desktop.
- Knowledge of Endpoint Management tools (such as KACE, SCCM, IBM BigFix or an equivalent system).
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Reliability in ensuring network security and protecting confidential data.
- Extensive experience with core business operating systems and software.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC-based operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, including how it interacts with Active Directory.
- Experience supporting mobile devices, including iOS, Android, Blackberry and Mobile Device Management (MDM) software.
- Demonstrated excellent software troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to understand the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Proven problem identification, ticketing, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience building and deploying Windows based operating systems and applications in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with direct-attached storage/external storage.
- Experience with advanced programming/scripting languages.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to perform comprehensive research for issues and products.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in both technical and non-technical verbiage.
- Must be able to solve complex problems independently and efficiently by leveraging proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Must be highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must have keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be organized with a proven ability to multitask.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776