Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
The Systems Architect will join the team responsible for the Firm’s IT systems, services and operations. This position is responsible for leading and coordinating the analysis, recommendation and deployment of support and maintenance plans for these systems, to maximize Firm-wide productivity and minimize disruptions. The Systems Architect will play a pivotal role in helping to lead the Firm’s Tier 3 Operations team, and will help maintain a culture of superior client service and continuous improvement.
- Manages the design, development and operation of the IT systems infrastructure.
- Partners with the IT Operations Manager to:
- Oversee IT service delivery with respect to infrastructure and endpoint systems including service design, service operation, and continuous service improvement.
- Develop, implement and maintain operational technology strategies, policies and standards.
- Develop and implement backup and disaster recovery plans and procedures, including regular reviews and real-world tests.
- Collects core system metrics to develop and implement improvement plans based on analysis of data.
- Partners with IT Operations Manager and other stakeholders to improve operational procedures, IT processes, and the security and performance of existing systems.
- Provides technical guidance to team of engineers.
- Communicates and collaborates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operational issues.
- Researches, evaluates, and advises new technology solutions.
- Provides 24x7 on-call support and problem triage for IT services.
- Plays an integral role in mission critical department projects and initiatives.
- 7+ years’ experience in managing critical IT infrastructure and endpoint systems, in a professional services environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- Microsoft, VMWare and Citrix certifications are preferred.
- Deep knowledge of and proven experience in Office 365.
- Proven project experience in migrating to and deploying cloud-based solutions.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience working with technologies currently in use at the Firm, including: Exchange, SQL, VMWare, NetApp, SCCM, Active Directory, Citrix, PowerShell, iManageVeeam, Cisco UCS, converged and hyper-converged technologies, and Windows OS.
- Proven experience in managing projects from conception to successful completion.
- Demonstrated capability in solving new and complex problems.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in network management platforms and monitoring systems.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment, independently, as well as in team setting.
- Self-starter and forward thinker with the ability to work independently, while having good judgment as to when consultation is required.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Rate 150K +
Locations: Boston, MA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776