Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 2/21/2019
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Worcester, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: 70K
The Project Engineer has primary responsibility for planning, implementing and executing project engineering activities related to our line of aerospace crew protective equipment (for both government and commercial customers), including the following specific tasks:
- Develop and refine design concepts based on customer requirements and results of concept trade studies with consideration to the interpretation and application of design and performance specs.
- Develop design packages (including all required written and electronic documentation) and participate in (and conduct) subsequent design reviews and presentations.
- Support equipment design trades, studies and analyses.
- Generate and maintain engineering documentation to include drawings, models, Bills of Material, patterns, fabrication and test plans/procedures.
- Support execution of related testing (to include manned fit check exercises).
- Provide expert support for processing of equipment, up to and including training of Commercial, Prime or Government technicians.
- Provide engineering support for hardware related meetings, both scheduled and unscheduled both in Worcester and at Commercial Customer, Prime Contractor or Government facilities.
- Compile, prepare and deliver technical reports/memorandum to include test subject evaluation results, weekly tech progress, schedule/cost analyses and other relevant activities.
- Perform review, analysis and interpretation of customer contracts and related documentation to include Initial Solicitations, Statements of Work, Work Breakdown Structures, Integrated Master Schedules, etc.
- Examine performance requirements and delivery schedules, to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Monitor contract milestones and delivery requirements to insure compliance with contractual/delivery requirements.
- Maintain current awareness with the state of the arts employed in products; e.g. materials, processes and new technology developments that may be applicable to existing or new company products.
- Provide problem analysis, reporting and resolution related to design, development, training or routine maintenance, processing or repair processes.
- Provide analysis of program activities to insure compliance with our quality system requirements.
- Provide support for materials research activities and assist in the development of material specifications.
- Support development and update of life cycle cost analyses.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Aerospace Life Support Systems.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in related (engineering) field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the operational use, maintenance, repair or pressure-space suit systems is preferable.
- Prior experience with planning, implementation and execution of engineering activities including reading and interpretation of technical requirements documents, verification statements, specifications, test plans, engineering models, system schematics, technical drawings, etc.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills sufficient to ensure effective communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Dynamics GP and PowerPoint software packages as wells as SolidWorks or design equivalent.
- Prior experience with NASA space suit systems, human factors and production of softgood components, subassemblies and assemblies preferable.
- Prior experience developing, documenting, and qualifying mission critical human rated life support systems.
- Hands-on experience with hardware development and certification.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776