Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Date Posted: 10/4/2018
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Job Title: Sr. BIM Engineer
Job Location: Rowley, MA
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay Range: Open
Sr. BIM Design Engineer to work as an integral part of our BIM engineering department. Qualified applicants will communicate professionally and effectively and work well in a team environment for project collaboration and delivery.
- Preparation of 2D/3D BIM shop drawings using Revit
- Preparation of material orders as required
- Preparation of Cutting Lists as required
- Maintain knowledge of current design standards and design applications.
- Maintain accurate records of drawings and details throughout project.
- Transform Architectural and Structural drawings into project specific shop drawings for submittal and formal approval.
- Review and oversee projects from initial design phase to project completion.
- Offer design ideas and suggestions based on the client’s needs.
- Interaction with others in a team environment: Project Management, Estimating Department & Fabrication Department
- Utilize BIM standards, IBG design & IBG production standards
- Extensive knowledge of curtain wall & storefront systems including parts, accessories, manufacturing, drainage of system, AVB perimeter tie-in details, etc.
- BIM workflow understanding
- Recommended six years working experience in the industry with relevant knowledge of architectural glass/aluminum and commercial building construction facades
- Six years minimum experience in BIM software applications and use
- Software knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD and Inventor a plus
- Knowledge of 3D modeling as it relates to architectural building components within BIM
- Relevant knowledge of Architecture, Architectural Drafting, Engineering Technology, Fabrication or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of curtain wall systems and architectural design
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process a plus
- Knowledge of Navisworks, ReCap, BIM360, Tekla, Procore, SolidWorks, Sketchup, LBNL (Therm/Window), and Point Cloud software’s also a plus
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776