Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
Coding Quality Coordinator
Participates in the development of education and assist with implementing the goal to deliver an educational experience that is complete, concise and provides an exceptional product to our clients. This is accomplished through the education and audit of coders both new to us and continued educational experiences offered to the coding staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the Coder Quality Manager in the development, training and auditing coders on ED and UC pro /facility coding as it relates to coding philosophy
2. Oversees workflow and daily production of Coder Quality Analysts
3. Provides on-going feedback and annual performance reviews
4. Analyze trends in audits to assist with the development of coder educational and training
5. Approve coders to transition to the live production environment once they meet our quality and quantity standards
6. Monitor E/M distribution shifts, schedule audits to determine root cause and provide a meaningful analysis
7. Work with Coder Quality Manager to help direct the offshore compliance auditors
8. Monitor and track accuracy of internal quality audits from each of our vendors
9. Assist in development of new and updated educational opportunities for the coding staff
10. Work with our India Coder Quality team to aid in development, auditing, and training of coders
11. Uphold company mission, vision and values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
Bachelor’s Degree or certification or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prior word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience including proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required.
Prior Emergency Department specific coding background with a familiarity of different types of chart constructs is preferred.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Ability to organize and prioritize information with a strong attention to detail
2. Ability to facilitate the education opportunities for established coders
3. Ability to work with several new coders at the same time
4. Ability to assess/evaluate skills for many aspects of coder education
5. Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a stressful fast paced environment
6. Ability to identify and solve problems
7. Ability to be flexible and possess a positive attitude while viewing problems as an opportunity for improvement
8. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients, members of management and employees
9. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
10. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
11. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
12. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
13. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
14. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands or arms
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: Contract to Permanent
Locations: Bedford, MA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776