Connexion Systems & Engineering, a Boston based IT and Engineering Solutions Company immediately seeks individuals with the following skills:
To ensure accurate coding for assigned service and process medical records that have been determined as unable-to-code by Coders.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Process daily PQRI reports for assigned service by reviewing chart and adding the PQRI codes and diagnoses
2. Process daily reports for assigned service to analyze and fix coding edits prior to billing and to reduce billing denials
3. Process daily diagnosis report for assigned service to validate the top four diagnoses
4. Assign ICD-9 diagnosis codes to assigned service charts
5. Review denials for assigned service from Reimbursement to correct or justify CPT and /diagnosis coding
6. Support coding process for assigned service by performing projects in coding (e.g. validate provider, etc.)
7. Search in medical records online for information
8. Assign cases to coders
9. Prepare and check unable-to-code charts
10. Send UAC lists and charts to clients
11. Search laser fiche for specific charts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the duties.
Education (Degrees, Certificates, Licenses, Etc.)
Bachelor’s degree or certification or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Prior word processing, spreadsheet and internet software experience including proficiency with MS Excel and MS Word required.
One to two years related experience preferred including working knowledge of ED billing and prior experience with ICD9 and CPT coding.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Ability to access and accurately enter information using word processing and internet software including Laser Fiche
2. Ability to work with meticulous attention to detail
3. Ability to review and complete reports the same day
4. Ability to add, to subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; this ability will encompass using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
5. Ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages
6. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
7. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
8. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
9. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
10. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
11. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
12. Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, use hands, talk, hear and occasionally walk and reach with hands or arms
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
Duration: Contract to Permanent
Locations: Bedford, MA
ConneXion Systems & Engineering
490 Boston Post Road
Sudbury, MA 01776