Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 1-2 Years +
- Pay rate: $45-50/hr.
- Job Location: Framingham, MA
- Job#: bh12734
- Remote to start due to COVID, ideally seeking local talent but will consider nonlocal
- Core responsibilities, looking at prototypes (already created) not looking for a product design engineer
- Seeking a continuous improvement Engineer
- 3D CAD, preferably NX but not required
- Injectable molds, vendor communication (sourcing for new vendors)
Are you a Mechanical Engineer who's a natural problem solver? When something is broken, do you have a relentless desire to find out why? Do you enjoy searching for the most cost-effective design alternatives? Do you thrive on constant variety? If so, this is the job you have been looking for!
We are seeking an experienced mechanical engineer who will be part of a mechanical engineering team that works in a cross functional, collaborative environment, providing mechanical engineering and design support to help drive our Consumer Electronics products from early concept phases through the entire product lifecycle.
• Design customer experience, quality and safety enhancements to existing products; introduce cost reductions at all product lifecycle stages; solve design problems discovered post product launch
• Create new or improved techniques and procedures resulting in the development of refined equipment, materials, processes, products and/or scientific methods
• Support and occasionally develop engineering tests to validate the design intent and robustness/margin of the design
• Develop solutions to problems requiring regular use of ingenuity, creativity and technical expertise
• Interface with internal and external contacts and teams to communicate and evaluate technical design information.
• Manage joint development partner’s design work or implementation effort to ensure successful production change.
• Travel to design and/or manufacturing facilities as necessary to support development partners
• Other duties as assigned
• BS in Mechanical Engineering required: MS preferred
• 6+ years of experience in the mechanical design and development of high volume consumer electronics products.
• Proficiency with 3D CAD tools. Preferably NX
• Experience working with metal forming, plastic part design for injection molding, DFM/A
• Sound engineering principles: technical depth in structural mechanics, vibration and thermal design
• Strong analytical skills in general engineering assessment and problem solving
• Experience working with multi-discipline teams
• Experience working with global Joint Development Manufacturers, preferred
• Experience with hands on assembly, fabrication, prototype evaluation, manufacturing ramp-up and production release process.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!