SUMMARY: Lead a team of individuals responsible for shipping, receiving, and maintaining the stock room while fostering a continuous improvement atmosphere.
The incumbent may be required to perform all or a combination of the following essential functions as determined by business necessity.
- Manage all import/export activities, negotiate best possible freight rates while maintaining quality and integrity of products in transit, set and execute delivery service levels for inbound and outbound freight, conduct periodic business reviews with key service providers, resolve freight related issues including but not limited to, resolution of receipt discrepancies, invoice issues and tracking of inbound and outbound delivery status.
- Consistently train and enforce all company and departmental policies including but not limited to production standards, technical expertise, SOPs, computer applications and policies (i.e., attendance, adherence to break and lunch schedules, professional behavior, security, housekeeping).
- Participate in hiring, evaluation, annual performance reviews and disciplinary action process.
- Support the goal of inventory accuracy by maintaining cycle count, data entry auditing, reconciling physical to perpetual inventory and stock adjustments.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects, goals and objectives as well as location issues.
- Coordinate and control workflow (Travelers) including outside processes and sterilization shipments by interacting with the planners and production personnel.
- Ensures full compliance with all quality assurance standards, especially good housekeeping and overall cleanliness of products and work areas.
- Full knowledge of implementing and maintain Kanban throughout manufacturing.
- Plans, directs and coordinates the activities of the departments in an organized, OSHA and government regulations.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: In addition to the essential functions listed above, the incumbent may be required to perform other non-essential functions.
Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
- AS degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Five years industry experience.
- Working knowledge of ERP software.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of FDA and other regulatory agency import/export regulations.
- Knowledge of inventory control practices, including demonstrated knowledge of Lean/Sigma, JIT methodologies and/or supply chain management.