Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Lab Systems Admin
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract - 3-4 months++
- Pay rate: $35-40/hr.
- Job Location: Tarrytown, NY
- Job#: bh12706
Lab System Administrator
- Dedicated to Windows 10 upgrades. Will also work on other upgrades as well.
- BA degree and 5+ years of Windows experience is required.
- SOP writing will be expected so some documentation skills is required.
- Prefer some general project management experience, not high level, more at the independent desk level.
- Previous Windows Upgrade experience is required.
Job Description Summary
Provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services. Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation. Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes.
This role will support an upgrade of Win7 systems to Win10. This role will build a new Win10 system per client specifications, install any additional instrumentation software installed, and coordinate time with end user to replace existing system.
Build and maintain a working relationship with Lab Owners, IT Teams and Management.
- Maintain daily project related communications with team
- Act as technical SME
- Repair systems
- Implement continuous improvement
- Write change control requests and test plans
- Professionalism, excellent listening skills, superior analytical skills, great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage one’s time with minimal supervision to achieve objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 2 years’ experience in lab environment
- Understanding of lab practices, instruments, and software
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities and be achievement oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service orientated and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability, and Initiative.
- Problem solving skills to resolve issues
- Some scripting or programming.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!