Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Systems Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract
- Pay rate: $35/hr.
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job#: bh12699
We are seeking a Systems Engineer I level temp position responsible for providing engineering support to new and existing instrument automation including product development of existing commercialized products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs routine investigations to provide data to support development of instrument automation.
- Works with nucleic acid amplification technologies such as PCR and TMA.
- Apply experience with system-level electro-mechanical components to develop fluidics/optics systems.
- Assists with reliability and statistical analysis of parameters for improving instrument/assay reliability.
- Assist with hands-on experimental setups and perform runs on instruments.
- Performs routine investigations into customer complaints and reported instrument issues.
- Communicates results of work to technical teams via technical reports and summaries
Qualifications and Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Passionate team player with experience in systems engineering and creating well-designed instrument platforms.
- 1+ years of Systems Engineering or experience with at least six months on automated instrument platform development.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related engineering or life sciences degree.
- 6+ months experience in a laboratory.
- 1+ years’ experience with data trending, automation programming, and statistical analyses.
- 1+ years related experience; Biotech/Medical Device experience preferred.
Perform statistical analysis and data trending using data sets, software, and hardware logs. Create technical reports summarizing your findings and showing results.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!