Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Mechanical Drafter
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract to Permanent
- Pay rate: $24-25/hr.
- Job Location: Worcester, MA
- Job#: bh12622
- Drafting and update of red-line documentation as directed by ECO’s utilizing SolidWorks and/or 2D (Cadra) CAD Tools as required
- Perform “Original” drafting and limited mechanical design and detailing utilizing SolidWorks 3D CAD software
- Liaison between engineering and our Operations (QA, manufacturing, purchasing and sales) to provide a remedy for issues that arise and ensure engineering integrity is sustained.
- Provide manufacturing support during new product pilot production and continuous improvement projects.
- Participate in value engineering to reduce to component costs, improve first pass yield and reduce assembly complexity in manufacturing
- Interface with our suppliers as required assisting in the development of prototypes, problem solving and support of manufacturing as appropriate
- Other tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Technical associate’s degree and/or three to five years of equivalent experience using standard engineering drafting and documentation skills and techniques.
- Experience in design engineering environment with product design, development and manufacturing support responsibilities.
- Mechanical CAD Tools: SolidWorks, 2D CAD (DraftSight, AutoCAD), Cadra is desirable
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be team oriented, self-motivated, able to multi-task
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!