Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Lead Engineer - Hydro
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract
- Pay rate: $70-75/hr.
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job#: bh12595
Lead Engineer - Hydro
Expected travel days per month: The position will require travel to various locations within the USA.
* Travel will adhere to U.S. policies for COVID travel.
Description of key tasks:
• 75% execution activities related to hydro turbine design of the generator
• 25% acting as technical lead for a small group of design engineers located in USA and Canada
• Reverse engineering of current generator systems based on surveys, site, visits, 3D models, etc... in order to design modernization upgrades (Refurbishment)
• Creation of CAD models in NX or SolidWorks
• FEA calculations in Ansys
• Creation of 2D manufacturing drawings
• Support & participation in Design Reviews
• Coordinate technical communication exchanges
• Review of non-conformities and evaluate proposed corrective actions
• Support with the project certification
• Organize and participate in technical workshops/meetings with OEM & their customer(s)
Job Qualifications & Education:
• In depth knowledge of large-scale turbine (Hydro preferable) generators: Rotor, Stator, Bearing, Shafts, etc. (System Level)
• Educated to Degree level in mechanical engineering (preferred), other engineering degrees, or similar
• 6+ years of generator experience (Hydro turbine preferable, Offshore wind turbines applicable)
• Flexibility to USA travel
• Extensive technical and practical knowledge of turbine technology specifically generators
• Experience of working in a team and delivering against targets and reporting
• Pro-active and diligent approach
• Good interpersonal skills
• Report writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!