Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $100-110K Plus Bonus
- Job Location: Burlington, MA
- Job#: bh12589
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Mechanical design experience who’s worked on any sort of complex instrumentation be it analytical, medical, scientific
- Solidworks experience with any simulation analysis tools FMEA, flow simulation as a plus
- Injection molding design experience
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a strong engineering and design background to advance our core technologies for laboratory instruments and consumables. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work on product development in all stages, from research and development to design and manufacturing. The goal is to innovate and excel in the design and manufacture of acoustics-based laboratory instruments and supplies.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work with other engineers and scientists to conceive, design, and release to Manufacturing instruments and consumables based on analysis and experimentation. Responsibilities include design, analysis, and testing of structural, fluid, and thermal system components.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be working in a collaborative, fast paced environment with cross-functional product development teams, rapid prototyping, design for manufacturing, and aggressive timelines for new product launches.
- Work on inter-functional teams to conceive and design sophisticated ultrasound-based instrumentation and consumable supplies.
- Use SolidWorks to design parts, small to mid-sized assemblies, and systems including high tolerance metal and plastic parts (molded and machined), sheet metal enclosures, precision mechanisms, thermo-fluidic (and micro-fluidic) systems, and electro-mechanical systems.
- Design production fixtures, gages, and tooling for high volume consumable supplies assembly and manufacturing.
- Perform and document testing for design verification.
- Efficiently adapt and iterate existing designs against new product requirements.
- Provide mentoring for less experienced engineering staff members.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced SolidWorks modeling experience.
- Experience with SolidWorks PDM, or equivalent file management software.
- Mechanical drawing practices using ANSI standards and GD&T.
- 5 or more years of industry experience in sophisticated mechanical design including product design and volume manufacturing.
- Experience with tight tolerance machined parts, ceramic components, precision mechanisms, and application of geometric tolerancing.
- Practical knowledge of the mechanical behavior of engineering materials (including fabrication processes, plating, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience in plastic injection molding, and other molding techniques (casting, thermoforming, extrusion).
- Experience with motorized multi-axis motion and robotic systems for grasping and moving small parts including position sensing.
- SolidWorks analysis and simulation (structural, thermal management, flow) experience preferred.
- Experience with mid to high volume product design for Manufacturability.
- Familiarity with biological lab environments.
- Strong spoken and written communication skills. Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong teamwork and mentoring skills.
- Expertise with Quality control processes including failure analysis.
- Medical device design and development experience preferred.
Experience with 3D printing, machining equipment, shop tools, and other prototyping equipment.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!