Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Lab Computing Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 1 Year
- Pay rate: $30-35/hr.
- Job Location: Kenilworth, NJ
- Job#: bh12570
Lab Computing Analyst
We need someone with a strong technical background, generally documented customer service skills, attention to detail is critical in our work, high level of customer support, strong networking skills (IP based skills, and networking instruments), good written communication and grammar on the resume, looking for candidates with significant longevity in their work history. Interviews - 1-2 virtual rounds. Lab experience is nice to have, this can be trained, need a good understanding of windows 7, windows 10, file and folder permissions, local policy configuration, networking, deskside support. We do not reimage in the lab space, these systems are highly configured to reimage, we troubleshoot and fix problems at a more granular level. We will consider candidates with a couple of years of experience if they have the technical skills. BA/BS is nice to have, will consider commensurate experience. This position will have possible extensions, possible temp to perm.
Provides scientific and laboratory services, including multivendor instrument, information technology and validation/compliance services. Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation. Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes.
The ideal candidate will provide project IT support services with focus on software for analytical laboratory instruments from all vendors.
The designee will team up with the globally acting lab computing division.
Core Job Duties:
- Execute Windows 10 Operating System upgrades on laboratory applications typically integrated with instrumentation.
- Applies customer specified benchtop computing design and processes for client supplied computers.
- Apply client security packages on vendor supplied lab computers.
- Implements Windows based security, including user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Assist with lab network infrastructure support.
- Creates and maintains project inventory of lab equipment, PC’s and software
- Acts as the IT technical support contact for OEM/Vendor field service engineers, upgrading computerized systems.
- Acts as Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries
- Acts as an interface between client, business and corporate IT teams.
- Participates in client team meetings
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Life Science
- 2+ years of relevant technical experience including, networking, remote computing and backup systems.
- Direct Windows 7, Windows 10 experience and O/S migration solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Competent in Excel, WORD.
- Understanding of basic Database interfacing and Administration.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Preferable Lab Application Experience
- Experienced with Chromatography Data Systems and related instrumentation
- Waters Empower
- Themo Chromeleon
- Agilent OpenLab
- System Administration and hardware configuration
- LACe Computer builds for Empower
- Experienced with Instrument Interfacing and multivendor drivers
- Familiarity working in regulated (GxP) lab environments.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!