Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Accounting Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $90-100K Plus Bonus
- Job Location: Marlboro, MA
- Job#: bh12566
The Finance Department is seeking a highly motivated, energetic individual to join its team as the Accounting Manager. This position will oversee and perform many aspects of the monthly close and assist in establishing and maintaining Finance policies, procedures, and internal controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the 5-day month-end close process which includes journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, revenue, and COGS in accordance with GAAP
- Analyze monthly financial and operational results, understanding the key variance drivers and providing actionable insights to senior management
- Improve account reconciliation process, ensuring proper backup for reconciliations and journal entries
- Drive deadlines and enhance deliverables as they relate to the month-end close and reporting package process
- Provide monthly reporting for various business users
- Calculate and record cross charge activity with affiliates
- Record and reconcile payroll related entries
- Assist with preparation of budget and forecast
- Align processes with directives of parent company
- Assist with creation and enforcement of internal controls
- Respond to various ad hoc management requests
- Complete assigned month-end tasks accurately to meet deadlines
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience
- Understanding of GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Heavy experience in month end closing.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have exceptional time management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to relate well with different levels of the organization, work cooperatively with Sales Representatives, Customer Service, Quality, Product Development, Production and Marketing teams
- Be constantly looking for ways to improve and streamline processes
- CPA Designation a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!