Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Agile Business Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 7 months
- Pay rate: $50-53/hr.
- Job Location: Waltham, MA
- Job#: bh12562
Agile Business Analyst
We are currently looking for a versatile Business Analyst with Agile Project Management skills. The ideal candidate will have a mix of business analysis, Agile Project Management, and technical skills and should be able to effectively communicate with business, vendors, and IT teams. Our current project includes environment migration and upgrades for the High-Performance Computing platform from SGE to Slurm and from on-prem to a collocated facility.
- Understand strategic business objectives and work with stakeholders to consolidate technical feature requirements.
- Collaborate with internal cross functional teams, experts including Regulatory, IT Quality, Security, compliance, and customer service to deliver successfully on user engagement.
- Actively participates with other members of the delivery team (Product Manager, Product Owners, System Architects, QA Analysts, and other BA’s) to create solutions that meet business needs in an Agile setting (i.e., scrum events, collocated team, etc.)
- Works with the team to decompose requirements into stories, uncover associated workflows, data and business rules as well as define acceptance criteria.
- Learn new concepts, systems, and processes in support of business goals.
- Under the direction of Sr. Business Analysts, develop and participate in the SDLC documentation of business/functional requirements gathering.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings to communicate direction and assignments of work to be completed.
- Closely Assist Testing Centre of Excellence team in the development of Test Plans and Test cases.
- Participate and understand best practices for QA, regression and UAT efforts.
- Conducts design walkthroughs, demos, and functionality feedback sessions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Moves project forward by stepping into other functional roles (testing, iteration management, etc.), when applicable.
- Mentors/trains other new functional and delivery team members on Agile Methodology
- Helps build standards and best practices.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately.
- Gather day-to-day functional details to assist with decision making.
- Communicate progress, issues, and risks to senior leadership.
- Contribute new ideas to the roadmap.
- Understand Agile principles, guide and coach teams/individuals on using Agile/Scrum practices.
- Work closely with Product owner and development team to facilitate effective sprints and ensuring that stories are ready for the upcoming sprint.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, therefore mitigating risks.
- Arrange daily standups, facilitate story grooming, coordinate sprint demos, planning and retrospectives.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of Business Analyst/Scrum Master experience working in GxP environments.
- Experience with variety of work management tools like JIRA, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience with ITSM tools like ServiceNow.
- Experience with GxP - SDLC documentation which follows Agile methodology or continuous improvement.
- Prior Life Sciences, Biotech or pharmaceutical industry experience required.
- Strong project management and business analysis skills.
- Can work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An understating of Linux and Parallel Computing Environments preferred.
- Experience with Agile, JIRA, HP ALM, ServiceNow, Change Management, and SDLC desired.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in related Technical field.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!