Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Product Engineering Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $60-70K
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job#: bh12558
Product Development Technician
The Product Development Technician will work under the direction of a Senior Product Development Engineer to support all aspects of cell development. Primary responsibilities of this position include (1) material prep and mixing (2) analytical testing and (3) lithium-ion cell building. Experience with analytical equipment, chemical mixing/hygiene and a lab environment is required, but training will be provided on the equipment and techniques to be used. While previous lithium-ion experience is preferred, it is not required.
- Complete slurry mixing as requested by product team engineers
- Mix slurry to specified recipe and record materials and quantities used
- Complete Q/A testing of slurries and report on results to relevant engineers
- Notify engineers of anything unusual about the mix process or materials used
- Prep materials for cell testing
- Drying powders, foils, and separators
- Milling powders
- Mixing electrolyte in a glovebox
- Custom material prep as need with input from engineer
- Analytical testing
- Dry/Wet KF
- Dry particle size analysis
- Slurry characterization using custom our equipment
- Peel strength/tensile testing
- Cell teardown analysis
- Open cycled lithium-ion cells, photograph components, collect samples as requested and report on results
- Focus on work area safety, cleanliness and organization
- Report issues to manager and submit near miss incident reports to EH&S department as required
- Clean work areas as used and provide suggestions for improving the workspace efficiency and safety
- Perform other functions as required to support the R&D operation
Successful candidates will be both quality and detail oriented, be team oriented and flexible. Candidates should feel comfortable reaching out to engineers with suggestions and questions and should be able to clearly communicate their findings to the team with regular written reports summarizing their work.
- Capable of learning quickly and able to problem solve technical issues independently
- Ability to manage multiple requests at once and efficiently transition from one scope of work to the next
- Interest in and curiosity about the work at hand
- Experience working with analytical equipment in a lab setting
- Experience logging and communicating data
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, email, and general computer use
- Strong interpersonal, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required
- Relevant battery experience and technical Associates degree preferred
- Demonstrated success and experience in technical industry
3+ years in technical field
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!