Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Process Engineer – Formation & Aging
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $125-135K
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job#: bh12533
Senior Process Engineer - Formation & Aging
The Senior Process Engineer will be a key member of the Advanced Manufacturing team focused on developing the next generation high volume manufacturing battery formation and aging equipment that will connect our revolutionary product to the high growth energy storage market. The team member will define process needs for critical production steps and collaborate with internal and external machine design experts to identify, screen, and develop process concepts that meet these specs. The successful candidate will bring an understanding of and interest in the fundamentals combined with a lightweight approach to taking ideas the whole way through to successful production equipment. Strong interpersonal skills are required, as are a strong work ethic and an ability to flourish in a dynamic startup environment. The Senior Process Engineer reports to the Director, Advanced Manufacturing.
- Work with the Test Team and Product Development to develop and identify formation and aging processes that contribute to the establishment of our high volume production system
- Work closely with equipment design engineers and outside partners to successfully complete proof of concept demonstrations, and design equipment for high volume manufacturing
- Establish process windows and integrate process control parameters into manufacturing
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 4-6 years of experience in battery testing, validation, or process development
- Strong experience and desire to work hands-on with lab and pilot equipment. Mechanically savvy
- Demonstrated ability and passion to understand processes and the interaction between the material, equipment, and the associated impact to product performance
- Demonstrated ability to design, optimize and qualify processes with data driven decisions
- Ability to create methods to generate data where none exist and to turn art into science by getting the numbers
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment. Ability to commit to aggressive timelines and to deliver on those commitments
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with team members, other groups and outside suppliers
- Works well in a team environment with willingness to share skills and information and mentor others
- Highly motivated and action oriented as demonstrated by accomplishments
- Coachable - is able to act on management inputs and constructive criticism
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with electronics and testing equipment
- Experience with battery-specific testing equipment and design is a plus.
- Lithium-ion battery industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!