Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Automation Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $90-100K.
- Job Location: Marlboro, MA
- Job# bh12518
- Automation Engineer - ATF
The Automation Engineer will report directly to the director of manufacturing and will be primarily responsible for the deployment and maintenance of industrial computerized process control supporting the Alternating Tangential Flow products (ATF) within the manufacturing area. You will also have responsibility for creation of new documentation and the maintenance of that documentation in an ISO regulated plant. The successful candidate will actively work with all levels of personnel within product development, manufacturing, and service.
- · Provide advanced level of technical automation support and troubleshooting to the manufacturing team.
- · Develop and edit engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment and follow GAMP 5 guidelines
- · Lead implementation of new PLC/HMI engineering and validation projects as well as provide support to manufacturing activities with process control and process monitoring equipment and software design, commissioning, protocol review, and testing to meet end user requirements
- · Provide input to system specifications, user requirements, functional requirements, and system design specifications
- · Will lead the transitioning of new automated systems being developed in R&D into manufacturing and sustain them over time.
- · Execute necessary testing and qualification protocols as related to the overall design and performance of automated process and monitoring equipment
- · Design, develop, and implement software/hardware improvements to automated process control products
- · Develop and execute test plans for software/hardware improvements
- · Implement new computer imaging technology into the manufacturing area
- · May provide training or presentations on basic automation systems to manufacturing team members.
- · Develop and draft standard operating procedures and automation engineering documents
- · Communicate effectively with engineering staff and cross functional departments
- Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- · Advanced skills with programming and troubleshooting PLCs, HMIs, and computerized system design, installation, and support in a cGMP industrial setting
- · Expert in PLC/HMI logic programming and troubleshooting Allen-Bradley and Siemens products which involve the use of batch programming (S-88), data acquisition, and PID control
- · Demonstrated knowledge of electrical systems, instrumentation and controls
- · Strong knowledge of process control and machine automation in biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility
- · Expertise in developing and editing Software Lifecycle Documentation, engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment and follow GAMP 5 guidelines
- · Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to delegate tasks
- · Proficiency with standard business software is required (Word, Excel, etc.)
- · Able to balance changing priorities with increasing workload by making timely decisions
- · Able to interact with employees at all levels and cross functionally across multiple departments
- · Ability to manage and develop direct reports through mentoring and leadership
- · BS in Engineering or related field and 5 years of experience in the design and maintenance of process control systems and/or data acquisition systems
- · Equivalent relevant experience in the design and maintenance of process control systems and/or data acquisition systems may be considered in lieu of a degree
- · Specific knowledge of Allen-Bradley and Siemens control system products is required
- · Direct experience in a pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility is preferred
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!