Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Quality Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – Possibly to Permanent
- Pay rate: $37-41/hr. or 75-85K when permanent
- Job Location: Chelmsford, MA
- Job# bh12505
Responsible for designing quality standards, check lists, inspecting materials, equipment, processes, and products, developing quality control systems, and determining corrective actions. You will also work with managers and supervisors to implement quality measures.
Tasks and competences
The following tasks have to be carried out by the job holder himself:
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Inspection Technicians to analyze non-conformances resulting from inspection
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Inspection Technicians to record non-conformances in SAP system on QNotes and disposition as required
- Support for the incoming goods inspection department
- Facilitate Problem Solving A3 for internal factory (Q3) Qnotes
- Manage calibration of measurement equipment with calibration vendors
- Responsible for introduction of new measurement equipment
- Perform gage R & R and MSA of measurement equipment as required
- Support customer Source Inspection as required
- Support customer audits as required
- Work with Quality Manager to perform internal audits
- Work with Quality Manager to develop quality control plans for all product lines
- Work with Quality Manager to support Design Reviews (CDR's, PDR's and FDR's)
- Support / carry out troubleshooting, either internally or externally at the customer
- Communicate with Customers on Quality problems, information (data / reports), and coordinate and/or resolve those issues in a professional, timely manner with all personnel.
- Responsible for coordinating and resolving Quality related issues as they arise on the manufacturing floor (utilize SPC & Defect management systems).
- Responsible for establishing Standard Inspection Procedures (SIP’s) based on Customer prints and quality procedures for acceptance. Include data collection & software programs as required.
- Responsible for Statistical Analysis using Company databases. Report findings and recommendations for Corrective Action to the Quality Manager & Management Team as required.
- Reports to the appropriate Supervisor and/or Department Manager daily and support the investigation of corrective actions as required.
- Report all customer concerns/complaints to the Quality Manager and the appropriate Dept. Manager in a timely manner.
- Responsible for training manufacturing and quality personnel on Quality concepts such as Quality tools, pareto, problem solving, procedures, and use of measuring equipment.
- Ensure product containment practices are being followed.
- Enforce Quality policies and procedures throughout the Organization.
- Responsible for facilitating MRB meetings as required.
- Maintain quality records.
- Participate in Program Management activities as required.
- Prepare shipping and PPAP documentation as required.
- Capable of completing First Article Inspections and programming an OGP as required.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with GD&T.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States (Citizen, Green Card)
- Experience with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 certified QMS desired
- Experience with ERP system such as SAP desired
- Experience with best-practice industry tools such as RCCA, CAPA, PFMEA, 8D Analysis, DMAIC and SPC desired
- Experience with operation and programming of Coordinate Measurement Machines, (CMM) and/or Vision systems desired.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!