Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Associate Director – Pharmacovigliance Scientist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – to Permanent
- Pay rate: $75-90/hr.
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job#: bh12441
Associate Director, Pharmacovigilance Scientist
- Ideally looking for 8+ years of experience including at least 4 years’ experience in PV.
- Vaccine Development experience is also required.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Pharmacovigilance, the PV Scientist will be a key contributor focusing on strategic input, support in clinical trial, perform signal management activities and operational support for all our products throughout the life-cycle. In this new role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the oversight of PV activities, vendor and alliance management, and ongoing process improvement.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Providing therapeutic area PV support for our developmental products in close collaboration with senior PV, Clinical and Medical personnel.
- Oversight of day-to-day PV operational activities for our investigational products.
- Develop and maintain processes that will ensure excellence in global case reporting and assessment, demonstrating accuracy, consistency and compliance with applicable global pharmacovigilance regulations.
- Oversight of vendor in case management and aggregate reports.
- Review and provide PV therapeutic area input for development of protocols, IBs, SAPs, CSRs and other relevant project/study documents.
- Represent Pharmacovigilance on clinical teams and initiatives both within and across functional areas.
- Assist in usual pharmacovigilance activities including ongoing signal monitoring and regulatory activities.
- Facilitate cross-functional Safety Review Committee meetings, including coordinating aspects of signal evaluation/safety review activities.
- Participate in evaluation of potential safety issues in conjunction with senior PV staff, Medical Monitors, and other functional areas as appropriate.
- Participate in writing of aggregate safety reports (e.g., DSURs), as required.
- Participate in writing of PV input for regulatory submissions and regulatory responses, collaborating with cross-functional areas as appropriate.
- Assist with writing and maintenance of Safety Monitoring Plans and Pharmacovigilance Agreements.
- Oversight of signal evaluation/safety monitoring activities.
- Assure oversight for the review of aggregate safety data to ensure accuracy, integrity and completeness.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Degree in Pharmacy, Nursing, Epidemiology, Biosciences or equivalent healthcare degree with pharmaceutical industry background
- Minimum 8 years relevant medical, scientific/clinical, or pharmaceutical experience, including at least 4 years’ experience in PV – experience in vaccine development is required
- Knowledge of MedDRA terminology and its application
- Experience reviewing cumulative safety data with ability to interpret, synthesize and communicate complex safety information
- Experience in the preparation and authoring of individual and aggregate safety reports
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and follow-through complex projects to completion
- Skilled at working effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact across multiple functions
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!