Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Director of Facilities Management
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $130-135K
- Job Location: Waltham, MA
- Job# bh12424
Director of Facilities Management
The Director of Facilities Management - Life Science/GMP will provide operational leadership for facilities consisting of life science labs and cGMP-controlled environments. Including the ability to manage business and operation project planning for ensuring alignment with the client’s overall objectives, supporting project construction, renovations, and repair by being responsible for project management, and provide recommendations for various services and equipment requirements.
- Provide hands-on leadership by managing business and operations project planning initiatives and maintenance support functions for Life Science and GMP client facilities.
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of cGMP and non cGMP disciplines and actions by planning and assessment of workload, recommending valid cost saving strategies, and program optimization, which will improve service delivery and/or function within the client’s facility.
- Monitor the status of assigned projects and janitorial service initiatives by providing periodic reports and status updates on the overall account and staff performances.
- Support client validation activities including facility Installation Qualifications (IQ), Operational Qualifications (OQ) and Performance Qualifications (PQ) by leading the implementation of janitorial service process initiatives, special projects, and system (s) including providing and assist in pricing all extra services, per/post construction cleaning project work within the facility.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal (EH&S, Operations, Training, Client Services, and Quality) and external team of facilities and operation professionals (Facilities, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Engineering, Validation, Quality Assurance and Metrology), along with contracted professionals through third-party agreements.
- Serve as a technical resource for the client and overall organization by providing expertise, ensuring the client sites meet GMP cleaning standards, equipment, quality, and regulatory compliance and operational excellence for ISO 8 thru ISO 5 clean room classifications.
- Effectively communicate, in writing and/or verbally to various groups, and individuals within the organization regarding project plan, custodial efforts, and other activities that may have an impact on the science or administrative activities.
- Possess one or more of the following - BA in Facilities Management, Process Engineering, Facilities/Engineering Maintenance experience in an active operation, Automation/I&C Engineering, Validation, or related functions. Other relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a robust life science environment, including two - three years of facilities maintenance and custodial experience.
- In-depth knowledge and extensive practical experience in the GMP compliant operation and maintenance of GMP manufacturing facilities and supplies production.
- Knowledge of manufacturing technology, trends, and requirements associated with the introduction of new equipment/methods into an GMP regulated manufacturing facility environment that are frequently audited by FDA, ISO and other regulatory agencies.
- Broad understanding and extensive practical experience with GMP quality systems and procedures.
- Experience in cGMP Production facility equipment/systems issues such as HVAC, air handlers, compressed air/gasses, cryo-freezers, building management system, laboratory equipment/laboratory gases, cryo-gases, etc.
- Knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety protocols to ensure compliance with local, state, federal regulations for safety and waste disposal (e.g., OSHA, EPA).
- A proven ability to effectively manage a team of direct reports.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Understanding of principles and concepts of Lean Six Sigma for continuous improvement in systems and processes.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!