Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Plating Technician
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – to Permanent
- Pay rate: $22-25/hr.
- Job Location: Chelmsford, MA
- Job#: bh12405
The job holder must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Reports to Plating Department Manager
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures. Notifies supervisor and/or management of any unsafe working conditions or practices.
- Wears required PPE per job hazard assessment as applicable
- Keep all work areas clean and organized. Actively Participate in 5S program.
- Perform any daily start up and shut down activities as required.
- Maintain plating racks and tooling as needed.
- Rack/Fixture components for plating as needed
- Review drawings and production instructions to determine operational methods and sequences.
- Calculate surface area & process components through cleaning and plating solutions as needed.
- Adhere to all process parameters and operational procedures.
- Perform any required inprocess inspections and measure output of plating process as needed to verify compliance to requirements.
- Document all results for processes performed as required.
- Coordinate work flow through plating process based on interaction with and needs of value stream leaders
- Recognize process non-conformances and take appropriate corrective action as needed.
Cross functional Responsibilities
Communicate with other team members to facilitate effective cooperation and work flow.
This is a manual production role. This typically involves working at a fixed desk or bench either sitting or standing and walking to and from various process stations. The work requires manual dexterity, attention to detail and the ability to use various hand tools. Production takes place in a modern facility and the environment has excellent ventilation and minimal ambient noise.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline desired.
- Experience working in a high technology production environment is desirable
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in electroless plating and electroplating is required.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry is desired.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to follow detailed work instructions
- Approachable personality with an open and communicative style for effective cooperation within the team
- Sense of organization and decision-making capability for prioritizing tasks
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!