Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Control Systems Application Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $75-85K
- Job Location: Billerica, MA
- Job# bh12402
Control System Application Engineer
· Factory Applications Engineer for oven control software and hardware. Primarily involves new feature design input, testing, documentation along with technical support and application training for internal and external customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Develop and execute detailed, manual and automatic test procedures designed to validate software and hardware. Automate tests where possible with LabVIEW/DAQ Solutions.
· Troubleshoot, test and verify software and hardware. Document defects to enable developers to easily reproduce and fix software defects.
· Work closely with developers to help with timely response to defects.
· Track and reproduce problems relating to software/hardware. Provide interim solutions for customers.
· Support outsourcing of controller hardware. Manage BOM, vendor part changes, and provide troubleshooting help to component level when needed.
· Actively participate in design reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
· Write requirements documentation for new product features both software and hardware. Collaborate with customers, engineers, Sales and Marketing on designs.
· Writing and presenting technical documentation for sales, support, end users and oven help system.
· Handle support issues as required to support Final Test, Field Service and Customer Support worldwide. Travel may be required.
· Provide general product application support for sales and marketing efforts. Understand requirements for challenging applications.
· Strictly adhere to all of our safety policies and comply with Quality System procedures, as required.
Skills and knowledge
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to work with customers as well as internal staff to understand and communicate technical issues.
· Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
· Ability to work with others and be an active part of a cross functional team when needed, but must also be able to work and make decisions independently.
· Strong aptitude and desire for learning new skills and taking on new responsibilities.
· Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
· Knowledge of a programming language and general programming practice.
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical / electronic and electromechanical circuits on large industrial equipment.
· Technical writing and document management experience is a strong plus.
Education and experience
· BSEE in Electrical Engineering or similar.
· 2 – 4 Years of experience.
· Good interpersonal, leadership, written communication and computer skills.
· Desire to work with customers to solve complex issues.
· Willingness to travel per customer demands. Expectation 5 -10% both international and domestically.
· Knowledge of VB, C++, LabVIEW, PLC programming such as Structured Text and Ladder Logic a plus.
· Knowledge of Madcap Flare a plus.
· Knowledge of PCB manufacturing is a plus.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!