Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Battery Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $120-135K
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job#: bh12390
Senior Battery Engineer
The Battery Engineer will work in the Research and Development team to support the development of the next generation of our proprietary cell technology. The Battery Engineer will be responsible for evaluating active and inactive cell components and recommending formulations and cell designs to meet product and process requirements. The Battery Engineer will work closely with other engineers and scientists as part of a fast-moving, cross-functional R&D team. Expected duties include but are not limited to active material evaluation and selection; electrode formulation and specification; cell testing to market and/or customer targets; measurement and data analysis to identify critical factors limiting life and/or performance; cost optimization.
- Evaluate active materials to meet product requirements and R&D objectives
- Define and validate standard test procedures, equipment, and protocols for R&D purposes
- Build cells and analyze data to quantitatively measure and compare cell performance
- Apply diagnostics to investigate cell reactions conduct failure mode analysis to identify root causes and generate novel solutions
- Support the product and process development teams in material evaluation, cell building, cell testing, and data analysis
- Champion for environmental health & safety
Qualifications: Required Knowledge, Skills, Educational Background, and/or Licenses
- Experience in lithium-ion chemistry and battery components, especially in active materials/electrolyte/conductive additives.
- Demonstrated capability of designing experiments to enable clear results that drive decisions in an industrial R&D environment
- Experience with battery testing; familiarity with Maccor/Neware or other equivalent testing systems
- Understanding of theory supporting electrochemical performance and battery life/degradation models
- Experience of post-test lithium-ion battery analysis to identify cell/material failure mode
- MS/PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrochemical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5 or more post-degree years of commercial/industrial battery R&D experience
Areas of Independent Action
- Propose and execute experiments to evaluate and integrate high energy active materials in our novel cell architecture
- Conduct literature research to stay current in developments for electrochemical materials and cells and apply relevant research to our research and development activities
- Work with suppliers to exchange technical information and enable access to advanced active material, electrolyte and other components
- Summarize, report on, and present research activities regularly
- Contribute to a positive, team-oriented, and high-quality work environment
- Interact with other R&D and engineering groups to promote rational decision-making in research and development
- Work closely with technicians supporting work and mentor them to have greater understanding of what they are doing and why they are doing it.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!