Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Materials Buyer/Planner
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 50-60K
- Job Location: Billerica, MA
- Job# bh12345
Due to the nature of this job, it will be primarily on-site.
Responsible for performing a variety of routing, dispatching and material handling duties to meet production schedules. Expedites parts shortages and initiates corrective action to remedy shortage problems. Responsible for purchasing electronic, electrical and mechanical components.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Managing supply chain, including qualification of suppliers, implementing replenishment strategies, negotiating contracts and resolving general conflicts with supply base.
- Plans, schedules and monitors the movement of material through the production schedules.
- Negotiate, secure and follow-up on supplier commitments to ensure timely delivery of quality materials. Provide and maintain accurate and current status reports routinely, or independently, as the need arises.
- Prioritize and follow-up on material shortages to ensure timely delivery, minimizing production slowdowns or work stoppages.
- Performs a variety of routine purchasing duties, such as:
o Inputting purchase orders.
o Shipping memos, letters, interoffice correspondence and reports
o Check’s deliveries of material ordered.
o Coordinates return of incorrect material.
o Obtains prices and pricing information, records and files pertinent to purchasing information.
- Independently trouble-shoot discrepancies pertaining to purchase orders, requisitions, supplier deliveries, prices, invoices, request for supplier quotes, quality assurance documents, contracts and other purchasing actions.
- Assist Supply Chain Director with accounting audits, filing, and other purchasing responsibilities.
- Achieve cost savings through target costing, value analysis and material group management.
- Support Operations and Engineering on capital projects analysis and spending.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strictly adhere to all Safety policies.
Skills and knowledge
- Demand forecasting.
- Solid working knowledge of Total Quality Management and ISO 9001 continuous improvement policy and procedures.
- Knowledge with large ERP systems, EPICOR preferred.
- Detail-oriented and successful time management skills to work to a schedule and deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy environment.
- Process and procedure automation.
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficient with use of Internet search engines and accessing supplier websites.
- An independent, self-starting personality.
Education and experience
- BS in Business, Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- Requires 5+ years progressive purchasing/procurement, experience in the capital equipment/manufacturing environment.
- Strategic planning, thinking and acting skills coupled with analytical and execution skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a large global, multi-national company.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!