Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Business Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $125K Plus Bonus
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# bh12343
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Analysts are the lynchpin in ensuring external and internal clients get value out the platform. The role is a unique opportunity combining data analysis and customer success. This includes:
• Training teams and clients how to use the system and getting them up and running quickly
• Problem solving to find ways to align analysis to priority business problems
• Writing custom SQL reports
• Evaluating and isolating potential software bugs to bring up to the engineering team for resolution
• Working with the clients during implementations to help translate the business needs into correct tool setup, and to identify potential new tool features that may need to be developed
• Participating in brainstorms and product planning sessions with multidisciplinary internal teams
• Working closely with engineering team members in rapid prototyping and testing of new product features and app releases
Successful Business Analysts are creative, innovative and have a passion for creating cutting-edge solutions to help clients realize value. Effective communication skills, proficiency with complex data analysis, and a positive work ethic are prerequisites.
We are seeking an analyst with a strong quantitative background, and the ability to work on independent tasks while contributing to the overall success of the team. A successful hire into this role will quickly learn the data model, gain intimate understanding of how it operates and get comfortable manipulating large datasets (e.g., via SQL), creating and loading geospatial data (GIS). Candidates should have the following qualifications:
Required Skills & Experience
• Experience using analytical and conceptual thinking; exceptional abilities in this skill preferred
• Ability to plan, organize and manage one’s time; strong track of success in this skill preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively across many disciplines including business strategy, software engineering, and mathematics
• Ability to think critically and problem-solve
• Familiarity with SQL, and an aptitude for picking up new coding skills
• Experience working with large datasets
• Proficiency using MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Knowledge of relational and geospatial database engines, specifically PostgreSQL and PostGIS, is preferred
• Knowledge of Java and/or python is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• 1-2 years of professional work experience in fast-paced, strategic consulting, and/or technology environment with demonstrated record of success or other relevant experience
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!