Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Software Engineering Manager
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: $210-225K Plus Bonus
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# bh12342
Software Engineering Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced back-end software engineer and team lead to help us scale the development team. You must be comfortable working in an agile environment and leading a team of back-end developers. You will thrive in this role if you enjoy coaching and motivating a high caliber team. You will lead them through designing new algorithms and seeing them through to deployment and usage by many of the world’s most sophisticated and complex network operators.
- Setting goals for your team members
- Understanding the big picture of what the team is doing and why
- Coaching team members on design and task breakdown
- Inspiring and motivating the team to ensure happiness and productivity
- Establishing feedback loops and giving team members immediate feedback
- Analyzing user requirements and collaborating with product management and development team to recommend elegant solutions
- Proactively identifying and recommending changes to process, performance and scalability challenges
- Actively participating in product planning sessions
- Facilitating, and when necessary resolving technical and interpersonal discussions
- Ensuring the overall output quality of the team
- Mentoring team members and collaborating with them on personal and career growth
We seek an experienced professional with a versatile background in software development, a deep knowledge of analytics and business intelligence products which leverage large data sets, a track record of achieving results, and a desire for the personal impact that can only be found within a boutique organization. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
Required Skills and Experience
- Prior engineering team management or team lead experience in agile dev environment
- Track record of delivering world class software products
- Significant working knowledge of Java or similar server-side languages (e.g., Scala or Kotlin)
- Knowledge of relational and geospatial database engines, specifically PostgreSQL and PostGIS preferred
- Knowledge of full software product lifecycle and best practices for product engineering
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering or equivalent work experience
- Prior work with optimizations and algorithms is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in development and codebase management
- Must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive here, you will not be here just to tell other people what to do
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!