Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Java Backend Developer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 170-180K Plus Bonus
- Job Location: Boston, MA
- Job# bh12340
Java Backend Developer
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced back-end software engineer to join our development team. You must be comfortable working in an agile environment and taking on ownership of multiple tasks. You will thrive in this role if you enjoy thinking through and designing new algorithms and seeing them through to deployment and usage by many of the world’s most sophisticated and complex network operators.
- Writing and testing code for service layers and infrastructure
- Designing and maintaining best-in-class routing and optimization algorithms
- Analyzing user requirements and collaborating with product management and development team to recommend elegant solutions
- Working closely with team members in rapid prototype and iterative development cycles
- Proactively identifying and recommending changes to optimize performance and scalability
- Actively participating in product planning sessions
We seek an experienced professional with a versatile background in software development, a deep knowledge of analytics and business intelligence products which leverage large data sets, a track record of achieving results, and a desire for the personal impact that can only be found within a boutique organization. Candidates should have the following qualifications:
Required Skills and Experience
- Significant working knowledge of Java or similar server-side languages (e.g., Scala or Kotlin)
- Knowledge of relational and geospatial database engines, specifically PostgreSQL and PostGIS preferred
- Appreciation for state-of-the-art software architecture paradigms
- Prior work with optimizations and algorithms is a plus
- Track record of delivering world class software product
- Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of experience in development and codebase management
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!