Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior SAP ABAP Developer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 115-125K or $55-60/hr.
- Job Location: Londonderry, NH
- Job# bh12319
Sr SAP ABAP Developer
- Change and create programs using technical knowledge of ABAP and related technical tools and techniques in an SAP ECC environment.
- Provide technical leadership to teams and integrate technical expertise and business understanding to develop superior solutions for the company and customers. Oversee implementation of solution and comply with approved architectural direction.
- Understand business requirements, design a feasible technical solution that addresses the current business need but does not impact the ability to upgrade in the future, within the project timelines.
- Create test data that’s needed to verify accurate results in DEV and QAS environments
- Gather application specific project requirements, participate in pre-project launch discussions with architects and drive detailed application design in SAP applications by leveraging SAP standard solutions wherever possible.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects on project design and facilitate design reviews and discussions and provide required specifications.
- Provide quality technical deliverables, reduce or eliminate design or development defects and ensure a comprehensive testing process.
- Consult with team members and other business areas on complex issues.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong experience in SAP technical areas using ABAP in one or more core SAP modules from Master Data, Order Management, Procurement, Supply Chain to Finance.
- Significant experience with troubleshooting and debugging complex integrated applications, deep knowledge in data model of various SAP applications and table structure is essential.
- Knowledge of basic system administration tasks such as database analysis, tracing issues, identifying performance bottlenecks is preferred.
- Strong business process knowledge and association of processes to technical areas in SAP is desired.
- Describe program logic, test scenarios, issues and results so business users can understand
- Experience with SAP implementation methodologies and modern software development methodologies
- 5+ years SAP ABAP development experience in a technical role.
- Experience developing and implementing solutions using Dynpro, Reports, Enhancements, Object Oriented programming, BADI, User-exits, Smart Forms, SAP Script, ALE/EDI IDOCs, SOAP/REST Web Services, WebDynpro Applications, Optimized Database programming etc.
- Experience and expert knowledge of ABAP development objects including: ABAP-OO, BAPIs, RFCs, BDC, IDOCs and other integration mechanisms.
- Validated experience working in these core SAP functional areas – SD/MM/PP/FI
- Ability to review and comprehend both technical and functional specifications and coordinate with other team members.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to drive root cause analysis on incidents and problems.
- Ability to lead design sessions for business process solutions.
- Desire to maintain a high degree of quality in all projects, both core development and consulting.
- Advanced understanding of software test methodologies, and experience with testing automation tools is a plus
- Ability to create test data in Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, Production Planning and FI/CO modules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills of complex and technical concepts. Demonstrates strong command of the English language.
- Exemplary customer facing experience, both spoken and written.
- High internal drive/self-initiative; Ability to work with ambiguous and incomplete information; Resourceful.
- Work well independently and in a team environment.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!