Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Mechanical Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 12 months++
- Pay rate: 40-45/hr.
- Job Location: Danbury, CT
- Job#: bh12308
- Supporting the R&D Team, candidates need a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Electro-Mechanical product design
- Knowledge of fabrication methods (DFM) commonly used
- Minimum 3 years of SolidWorks 3D modeling and 2D drafting
The Mechanical Engineer on the R&D Team supports the development of new innovative solutions which will meet or exceed our customer’s needs. The Engineer is responsible for a wide range of product design activities including the design concept, CAD design, documentation, component selection, implementation and testing of electro-mechanical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Designs and develops electro-mechanical devices and systems for mammography, breast biopsy, and specimen radiography products, under direction of senior level engineers.
- Sustaining project support
o Develop solutions for replacement or redesign for obsolete components, product improvement features, cost reduction, manufacturing support, and field complaints.
o Research historical data from various sources as needed.
o Export Sustaining tasks from our project tracking tool (Bubble) into Excel for evaluation.
o Work with Project Managers to prioritize tasks and determine needed resources.
- Sets up and conducts tests of components, sub-assemblies, and complete units under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Ensures drafting, test, and design work conforms to processes which support the quality standards established for all methods and products.
- The ability to read and decipher drawings and work instructions.
- Able to follow verification test procedures and report data.
- Write and/or performs verification plans for sub-assemblies and complete units.
- Follow SOPs and Best Practice guidelines.
- Process engineering change orders with associated documentation. Will use an electronic product data management system (AGILE) for engineering change management.
- Participates in the manufacture or building of prototype product or system.
- Position will use SolidWorks for modeling parts, assemblies, and drawings, plus SolidWorks PDM for CAD data management.
- Engage and coordinate with cross-functional team members as needed.
- Develops hardware specifications.
- Participates in scheduled department meetings to report progress of overall project or portion of project and required to prepare and give design presentations.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Monitors progress and status of all assigned projects and reports progress and problems to management on a timely basis.
- Compile technical data for Design History Files per FDA requirements.
- Proficient with Windows Explorer, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- B.S. Degree Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Languages required for the position (Desirable): English.
- 3-5 years of experience in Electro-Mechanical product development
- Minimum 3 years of SolidWorks 3D modeling and 2D drafting.
- Knowledge of fabrication methods (DFM) commonly used. Machined and sheet metal parts are most common. Injection molded part design is a plus, as well as metal casting design.
- Experience with medical products is a bonus.
- Able to handle of constructive feedback positively and professionally (design reviews)
- Must have good hands-on skills, the candidate will build much of what they design.
- Fast learning curve.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Able to effectively multitask.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!