Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Operational Excellence Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 90-110K
- Job Location: Waltham, MA
- Job#: bh12294
Operational Excellence Engineer
- Reports to the Sr. Director of Manufacturing
- Ideally could be a Manufacturing Engineer or an Industrial Engineer
- Someone with a certified belt program background would be nice to have
- ASQ not necessary
- Ideally someone who has worked with a strategy deployment matrix – taking a multi-year plan and breaking it down into deployment year by year
- Tool is called Xmatrix.
- Person should be familiar with this but will not be solely responsible for it
Goals first 6 months:
1. Practical deployment of program
2. Re-invigorating tiered communication system using floor-based tools. Starting at the work center level, have a meeting, report metrics, then combine metrics and push up to next level.
3. Process for capturing productivity needs to be improved. They use an Excel spreadsheet
- The forecast is never truly accurate. Not all Chromatography columns are created equal, some need customization. Some columns can take 70-80 manpower hours.
- important – experience with toolbox. Needs deployment exp. Can he/she take ownership of the 5S, Kanban events?
- This person will start onsite to begin with - remote is not a possibility to being with - Remote will come later – maybe a couple of days a week.
The Operational Excellence Engineer is responsible for establishing, analyzing and optimizing manufacturing/business processes and systems with a focus on throughput and gross margin.
The Waltham Operational Excellence Engineer will partner with site and global leadership to articulate the vision and support the deployment of our operational excellence program.
The Waltham Operational Excellence Engineer is responsible for building a sustainable culture of continuous improvement in support of multiple, fast growing, product lines.
Ensure the site is implementing the appropriate Lean methodologies to maximize throughput and capacity while improving lead time and gross margin.
Support training, implementation and sustainability of lean methodologies to include (but not limited to) 5S, Kanban, pull systems, standard work, value stream mapping, SMED and TPM.
Establish/enhance visual KPI presentation and monitoring techniques that support Lean daily management.
Develop a culture of problem-solving that spans from 5 Whys to statistical tools.
Partner with functional leaders to build a sustainable productivity process to capture and verify financial savings.
BS degree is required. Preference toward Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering but other Engineering/Science disciplines will be considered.
3-5 years of practical continuous improvement experience in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge of statistical/six sigma tools (SPC, p/d FMEA, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred but not required.
Practical familiarity with Strategy Deployment (aka Policy Deployment or Hoshin Kanri).
Knowledge of ISO 9001 and cGMP desired.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!