Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Financial Analyst
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – 9 months+
- Pay rate: 30-32/hr.
- Job Location: Waltham, MA
- Job# bh12281
- 2 years’ experience minimum.
- Need to have Excel experience, and have a background in financial analysis. Advanced Excel is the highest priority, should be doing data analysis and pivot tables.
- Will look at bids and consolidate data for analysis for assisting in making decisions. BA Degree is required.
- Procurement experience is not required, but is helpful.
- Preferred - Technical requirements include strong computer, database, & analytic skills; Advanced Excel capabilities (pivot tables, charts, macros); Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Business Objects. Working knowledge of SAP and Tibco Spotfire. Knowledge of web publishing tools a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment, there will be a lot of collaboration.
Responsible for the procurement of raw materials, goods and services for the manufacturing facility. Approves and qualifies vendors, obtains quotations, examines bids and makes awards. Develops sources and evaluates vendor reliability. Creates and manages manufacturing schedules to ensure that raw materials arrive in a timely manner to fulfill manufacturing requirements.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for developing models and synthesizing data into meaningful profiles. This individual will work closely with the operations and cross functional team to gather requirements, analyze results and present data efficiently and effectively to a globally distributed team. The focus areas are the data mining and analysis of global spend & bids, supply base, materials and operational performance.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide Support for Strategic Sourcing Initiatives. Create manufacturing cost models; prepare bid comparison; model quantitative savings scenarios; Create qualitative vendor profiles; Help guide negotiation strategies
- Metrics, Reporting & Analytical Systems. Maintain and enhance web-based database solutions to record, compile, and publish spend analytics, financial reports, and operational metrics to provide self-serve, user-centric analytics tools and reports for Contract Management, Direct Spend & Supplier Analytics, and Project Tracking across all sites and businesses.
- Operational and financial reports. Support the development of the annual operating plan and procurement strategic goal setting process. Analyze operational performance trends to identify and leverage patterns into desired spend profiles to support Global Procurement. Prepare executive level presentations summarizing strategies, plans, projects, and results. Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
- Data infrastructure tools. Coordinate with procurement leadership and IT to understand infrastructure, data weaknesses and scoping of projects to enable implementation of IT charter.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- (2-3 minimum, measurable requirements)
- Bachelors’ Degree, preferably within business related discipline,
- Advanced Excel capabilities (pivot tables, charts, macros), and data mining capabilities
- 2+ years of analytical experience, preferably in a global manufacturing environment. Ability to present complex information in an understandable way.
- Effective English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, variable environment
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- Technical requirements include strong computer, database, & analytic skills; Advanced Excel capabilities (pivot tables, charts, macros); Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Business Objects. Working knowledge of SAP and Tibco Spotfire. Knowledge of web publishing tools a plus.
- Desired leadership characteristics
- Results: Consistently exceeds goals, bottom line oriented, a top performer.
- Action Oriented: Full of energy, enjoys challenge, hard working, seizes opportunity.
- Customer Focus: Dedicated, meets expectations, seeks feedback, earns trust and respect.
- Process Management: Understands work flow, can organize people and tasks.
- Planning: Sets goals, schedules tasks to meet objectives, anticipates and adjusts for roadblocks.
- Organizing: Marshals resources to get things done, can handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Approachability: Is easy to work with, a good listener, keeps composure under pressure.
- Intellectual Horsepower: Intelligent, bright, fast learner, handles complexity and concepts.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!