Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Raw Material Buyer/Planner
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 75-85K
- Job Location: Milford, MA
- Job# bh12273
Raw Material Buyer/Planner
- Focus of this position is about bringing our locations into a unified buying power
- Raw materials include everything from labels, dry ice and all products aside from plasma
- This is a brand-new role, good opportunity for growth and making this process their own
- Looking for folks with a background in biopharma (buyer/planner background)
- 5 years of experience preferred but open to seeing someone with less
- BA degree preferred; minimum of an associate degree required
The Raw Material Buyer/Planner will support the procurement and inventory management of raw materials and production related services in accordance with division supply chain optimization and management objectives. These objectives include but are not limited to risk mitigation, cost savings/containment, optimizing inventory levels, and maintaining quality initiatives.
- Assist in the enhancement, execution, and management a raw material risk management strategy and process that addresses any potential disruption to each of the 3 manufacturing locations within the division. Specific consideration to be given to supply chain and financial risk, product and process quality, and cost savings opportunities.
- Prioritize and track high risk materials and their potential impact to our business and production operation; Collaborate with internal stakeholders in the development and execution of product strategies. Communicate progress to management and key stake holders.
- Identify and mitigate risks related to supply chain disruption and delays, supplier product and / or manufacturing changes and supplier inability to support current or future demands
- Analyze raw material consumption across the global supply chain. Identify areas of risk and cost savings opportunities.
- Partner with Research and Development teams and support new product introduction by proactively sourcing multiple supply chain options for new raw materials identified.
- Actively participate in corporate, global risk management meetings, communicating information and action plans to key stakeholders.
- Ensure the supplier and material selection process is aligned with the LGC Quality program. Execute all actions in accordance with established procedures and processes. Recommend improvements to such processes.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to help solve supplier and material related issues (backorders, product quality concerns). Initiate and document planned/unplanned material deviations, NCMR’s, and supplier CAPA’s as necessary.
- Support Planning and Operations by ensuring the integrity of MRP, KANBAN and maintaining appropriate inventory levels of raw materials.
- Utilize business systems (SAP, Sisense, Tableau) to understand data. Research past and expected spend levels to understand and action areas of cost savings opportunities and potential risk.
- Maintain strong cross functional relationships to bolster communication with internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Ability to identify and develop new sources of supply both externally and within the LGC intercompany network
- Good understanding of the medical device and biotech industry and market; Clinical Diagnostic market experience preferred
- High level understanding of GMP processes and regulatory requirements
- Strong negotiating and problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen to include presentation skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple large value purchase orders from negotiation through delivery.
- Results orientated with strong sense of urgency to mitigate risk and close issues
- Knowledge of SAP Purchasing Modules with skills and proficiency to include MRP and ability to download and analyses data.
- Experience writing material and purchasing specifications
- Experience with quality management systems; ETQ Reliance system experience preferred
- Advance Excel skills skills which include proficiency with Excel formulas, Vlookups and pivot tables
- Ability to multitask.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Business and 5 + years supply chain experience in an ISO, cGMP medical device or biotech manufacturing environment.
- CPM, CPP and / or APICS certification preferred
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!