Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – 1 Year
- Pay rate: 45-48/hr.
- Job Location: Marlboro, MA
- Job# bh12268
Manufacturing Engineer responsible for managing component obsolescence (end of life) activities and supporting Contract Manufacturers, including manufacturing process improvements, generating procedures, specifications, improved designs and processes for existing products. Assist cross functional teams with ideas and solutions to quality improvements and implement into existing products. Collaborate with procurement and Lifecycle Engineering teams
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and assist all activities involving component obsolescence, including identifying and/or vetting alternative parts and recommend solutions.
- Review all requests for component changes to assure that a current part can satisfy the requirements (FFF) and provide engineering assessment (justification on equivalency or recommendation for additional qualification)
- Create / update parts numbers, specifications and drawings for electrical and/or mechanical components
- Assist design engineers in the selection of part that best fit their requirement
- Write MCO/ECO (Manufacturing/Engineering Change Orders) for components, specifications, process and other changes
- Perform root cause analysis. Change design and/or process to be more manufacturable, higher yield, higher quality, lower cost, and reduce rework.
- Review design changes and assess manufacturability of proposed design changes.
- Review designs and provide feedback for Design for Manufacturability / Testability.
- Design product enhancements that resolve reliability issues.
- Conduct tests and validations to prove design changes.
- 7-10 plus years directly related experience. Medical device experience preferred.
- Minimum Associate Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or other related Engineering discipline.
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Experience with optics and medical products is preferred.
- Six-sigma, Lean and Black Belt training is a plus.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Estimated travel is 25%.
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!