Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: User Support
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6 months ++
- Pay rate: 25-26/hr.
- Job Location: San Diego, CA
- Job#: bh12259
- Windows 7 to 10 upgrades
- We would like this to be somewhat of a technical position so they can assist with Windows upgrades, but the focus will be assigning all the tickets that come into the various tech’s and teams.
- Ideally, we would hope to get someone who would have some experience with technical support
- ServiceNow tickets a plus as well as Oracle experience
- Mostly onsite, some WFH rotations after training
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• IS Help Desk support (On rotating basis with some after-hours coverage)
o Answer help desk phone calls
o Route help desk tickets to appropriate technicians or support groups
o Provide on the spot troubleshooting as time allows
o Provide support through online chat system
o Provide walk up support
• Provide local support for the following systems (installation, upgrades, troubleshooting):
o PC/Laptop Hardware and Software
o Network Peripherals, Printers, Copiers
o Telephone System
o Enterprise/Business Applications
• Maintain loaner laptops and projectors
• Hardware procurement, inventory, disposal support
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to do the essential functions.
• Windows 7 & 10 experience
• Microsoft Office 2013 experience or above
• Knowledge of Laptop/Printer Hardware
• Networking and Wireless skills a plus
• PC/Laptop build experience
• Active Directory and Windows server product experience desired
• Desktop support tools knowledge
o Anti-Virus, Malware, Spam experience desired
• Ability to triage, troubleshoot, and resolve basic PC/Network problems quickly and accurately; contacts vendors as needed
• Ability to be an active participant and contributor on a professional IS Support Team
• Good communication skills, telephone support skills, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Ability to plan/organize time and workload
• Ability to follow standard process/procedures
• IT service management system experience desired (ServiceNow experience a plus)
• Ability to work assignments that are routine in nature and recognize deviation from accepted practice
• Entry level position, all relevant experience considered, some PC support experience required but this can be in an educational or informal setting
• BA/BS MIS or CIS (or related technical discipline) desired
• 0-1 years’ experience in IS Help Desk support
• Good troubleshooting and technical skills
• Good communications skills
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!