Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Production Planner
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 60-72K
- Job Location: Sudbury, MA 01776
- Job# bh12222
The client is looking for a Production Scheduler with Infor SyteLine experience – V10 preferred, prior revisions acceptable. Low volume/high mix scheduling.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for using Method’s SyteLine ERP system and other tools to create, publish, and control the production schedule to ensure on-time delivery of machines and options to our customers.
Daily responsibilities will require collaboration with other departments to coordinate the flow of required raw materials, maintain proper inventory levels, and schedule production labor to facilitate on-time delivery of customer orders. This is a hands-on position that will require considerable time on the plant floor and interacting with employees and management.
- Schedule and coordinate flow of work within and between production departments to meet customer requirements and ship schedules.
- Generate production jobs from the ERP system Planner’s Workbench and identify and resolve material shortages.
- Confirm raw material and other materials required with purchasing, and generate demand for consumables, components, and supplies used within the production process.
- Maintain accurate records of customer orders received, work completed, and inventory levels.
- Advise Sales Operations of customer order status and changes to ship dates.
- Issue materials and close jobs as production operations are completed.
- Coordinate with Applications Engineering on automation and turnkey projects.
- Notify Logistics Coordinator as customer orders are completed.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Necessary to Successfully Perform in this Position
- Must be familiar with using ERP software to plan and schedule production jobs. Experience with Infor SyteLine V10 Cloud-based ERP software is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of implementing/upgrading ERP systems is strongly preferred.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and a sense of urgency to achieve results.
- Able to develop/follow standard operating procedures and familiarity working in an ISO 9001-based production environment.
- Self-motivated, goal driven, and able to act both independently and as part of a team.
- Effective verbal and written communications and able to interface across multiple departments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Production Planner is required. Experience with low-volume/high-mix production, heavy equipment production, or machine shop operations is preferred.
Current Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant industry certification is strongly preferred.
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!