Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Procurement Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 100-120K
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job#: bh12216
Senior Procurement Specialist
The Procurement Specialist is a key member of the high performing team that is bringing an advanced lithium-ion battery to market along with developing the proprietary manufacturing system that will produce this product. The successful candidate will work primarily with the executive team, product team, and manufacturing engineering team, and will be responsible for leveraging our consortium of partners to drive manufacturing and raw material costs down for our partners. We need a strong-willed, experienced, and motivated individual with a solid procurement/contracts background to help build and expand this function within the company. The role will report to the Director, Product Engineering and Operations.
· Leverage the cumulative strength of our partners to:
o Negotiate with our equipment integrators to lower capital costs for all of our partners
o Negotiate with our preferred raw material suppliers to lower Bill of Material costs for all of our partners
· Establish our sourcing and contractual policies and procedures
· Manage NDA process with our vendors and suppliers
· Assist our partners with contract drafting and negotiation with equipment vendors and raw material suppliers
· Analyze industry market for trends to determine appropriate pricing
· Seek out alternative vendors and suppliers and introduce to our manufacturing and product teams
· Work closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements
· Assist with our business development as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years directly related work experience. Highly qualified and motivated candidates with less experience will be considered
- Lithium-ion supply chain experience a plus
- Highly motivated and action-oriented as demonstrated by accomplishments
- Demonstrated history of successful negotiation with suppliers and vendors
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, able to juggle many competing tasks and priorities
- Motivated to go beyond the job role, always seeking to improve
- Comfortable with i: ~5-10%
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related field
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!