Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Product Development Test Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 100-115K
- Job Location: White River Junction, VT
- Job#: bh12200
Product Development Test Engineer
We are seeking a Product Development Test Engineer to lead our developmental turbomachinery testing activities. The ideal candidate should have a mechanical engineering degree or relevant technical degree, and at least 5 years of experience with instrumentation and/or controls (temperature, pressure, rotating speed measurement, data acquisition systems, servo motor controls, etc.), as well as ability to plan hardware assembly and testing, utilizing the latest technologies. Hands-on practical experience with turbomachinery related products is a plus. Career path to Lab Manager.
As a Product Development Test Engineer, you will:
- Work on several clean-sheet turbomachinery hardware projects at a time. Example prototype projects include fuel pumps for the next-generation rockets, air dynamometers, advanced diffuser technology, reverse Brayton refrigeration systems and more.
- Work with a team of world-class experts in turbomachinery and highly capable support staff in other business units.
- Apply engineering principles in statics, dynamics, fluid flow, heat transfer, and mechanical design to develop, build, and test experimental hardware, and specialized products.
- Experience the benefits of working in a New England town, such as exceptional opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, excellence in medical centers and schools, and cultural amenities offered by Dartmouth College.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other engineering staff to design prototype hardware and test facilities.
- Schedule and coordinate activities of mechanical technicians.
- Plan assembly activities and prototype testing.
- Assemble and test development and production rigs and equipment.
- Calibrate and install instrumentation.
- Conduct testing and perform test data analysis.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent, MS preferred.
- Demonstrated skills leading technical projects in a R&D prototyping environment. Fundamental understanding of turbomachinery principles is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with building/testing/troubleshooting turbomachinery, including instrumentation and controls. Experience with LabView DAQ software development is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be US citizen or US permanent resident.
Benefits include health/dental/life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k), ESOP, and tuition reimbursement. EOE. Non-nicotine users only.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!