Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Automation Systems Application Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 105-120K
- Job Location: Billerica, MA
- Job#: bh12184
Automation Systems Application Engineer
Job would be 100% Onsite - after a training period 1 day/week remote with flexibility
The engineer will lead and manage projects to specify, factory test and site test semiconductor wafer handling automation hardware and software that will move wafers and carriers between the factory and our furnace equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
· Work with customers to define their wafer handling requirements for our furnaces. Develop and propose automation solutions to meet these requirements. Complete solutions will include, software, mechanical and electrical elements.
· Work with automation suppliers and the engineering team to develop software, mechanical and electrical design details for integrating the automation and furnace equipment.
· Direct and assist with the installation, setup and test of automation and furnaces at the factory and customer site.
· Develop and execute detailed, manual and automatic test procedures designed to validate software and hardware.
· Troubleshoot, test and verify software and hardware. Document defects to enable developers to easily reproduce and fix defects.
· Track and reproduce problems relating to software/hardware. Provide interim solutions for customers.
· Actively participate in design reviews. Review designs with other Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, and Marketing personnel as well as equipment users to ensure that designs meet all requirements.
· Write requirements documentation for new product features both software and hardware. Collaborate with Customers, Engineers, Sales and Marketing on designs.
· Writing and presenting technical documentation for sales, support, end users and oven help system.
· Handle support issues as required to support Final Test, Field Service and Customer Support worldwide. Travel may be required.
· Provide general product application support for sales and marketing efforts. Understand requirements for challenging applications.
· Strictly adhere to all our safety policies and comply with Quality System procedures, as required.
· Willingness to travel per customer demands. The domestic and international travel time is estimated at 25%.
Skills and knowledge
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to work with customers as well as internal staff to understand and communicate technical issues.
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills involving software, electrical and mechanical systems.
· Ability to work with others and lead cross-functional teams when needed, but must also be able to work independently.
· Strong aptitude and desire for learning.
· Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and work to a schedule.
· Good interpersonal, leadership, written communication and computer skills.
· Ability to troubleshoot electrical/electronic and electromechanical circuits.
· Technical writing and document management experience is a strong plus.
Education and experience
· BSEE in Electrical Engineering or similar. Military background is helpful.
· 5-10 years of automation experience.
· Project management.
· Experience with specifying automation systems.
· Experience working with customers and suppliers to solve complex issues.
· Strong knowledge of software programming in C, C++, LabVIEW, PLC ladder logic a plus.
· Troubleshooting experience.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!