Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Technical Writer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6 months + Remote Work
- Pay rate: 40-50/hr.
- Job Location: Hopkinton, MA
- Job#: bh12155
Senior Technical Writer
- Industry Experience – biotech/life sciences
- Duration – 5-6 months to start, possible extensions depending on level of experience
- REMOTE – can sit anywhere in USA. Can work any time zone
- Standard 40 hours / week standard schedule
- Samples of work – prefer a portfolio or some samples, but not required. Sample work should be focused on similar content as the tool used is not priority.
- Interview – 1 Virtual 1 hour.
- Someone to help out with user guides, integration guides, service manuals for laboratory scientific lab automation equipment/instrumentation
- 3-10 years general experience, looking for preferred 3-5 years in life sciences medical devices/bio tech.
- Adobe FrameMaker required and Adobe Robohelp is desired, and MS word is required.
- This is a fast-paced environment, requires some flexibility as projects are evolving, should be adaptable and willing to be trained on PKI SOP.
- Previous instrument integration experience is a plus.
Learn about PerkinElmer’s current R&D portfolio and take on the role for creating a wide range of hardware and software technical information products for internal and external customers. In this function, you must have outstanding communication and technical writing skills, as well as be highly motivated to support a broad array of engineering and new product development initiatives.
- Works closely with global cross-functional teams including customers, project stakeholders, subject matter experts, service, and technical support throughout the product development lifecycle to design, plan, and develop a wide range of technical and end-user information products. Products may be for software, hardware, and service including technical guides, tutorials, and Web-based help systems to support scientific instrumentation products.
- Takes initiative to plan, design, and create clear, concise service and customer documentation for internal and external customers. Rallies the right people and best resources to obtain what is needed to solve problems and get the job done.
- Researches, writes, proofreads, edits, and may translate end-user manuals and online help.
- Creates screen shots and illustrations using graphic illustrating tools and digital photographs for inclusion in user guides and technical documentation.
- Ensures documentation reflects current safety regulatory information.
- Assists in the design of documentation templates and the development of group’s tools. Maintains Technical Writing SOPs and templates.
- Complies with internal documentation control practices and procedures.
- Maintains files of the latest revision level documentation necessary to define product configuration and demonstrate full traceability.
- Adapts OEM documentation to fit PerkinElmer company specifications.
- Creates documentation aligned with PerkinElmer company branding specifications.
- Qualifications/Education/Technical Skills:
- Degree in Technical Communication or Science-related discipline with emphasis on Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or Engineering with 3-5 years of experience preferred.
- Experience creating technical communication products for highly experienced and introductory level end users required.
- Excellent communication, verbal, and written skills are critical.
- Excellent team orientation is critical.
- Life Science instrumentation and lab experience preferred.
Skills in Microsoft Office, CorelDRAW, SolidWorks Composer, Jira, SharePoint, and Adobe Suite including FrameMaker and RoboHelp preferred.
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!