Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Payroll Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 6 months+ to Permanent
- Pay rate: 45-55/hr.
- Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- Job#: bh12154
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Location: Remote to start and then ideally come onsite.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with 3 years of processing experience under a payroll manager who is looking to add more experience and potentially move up to a management level position if they’re the right fit. Someone who is ready for the next step. Alternatively, someone new to a payroll manager role would be fine as well, as long as they’re still accustomed to processing and other hands-on things.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the Sr. Payroll Specialist will be responsible for supporting full cycle payroll processing for our US, as well as our International population.
We are seeking a strong team contributor to support a wide range of activities within the payroll function. This role will support all aspects of our multi-entity, multi-state US payroll and equity activity, as well as support for international processing. A successful candidate will have Workday payroll experience, strong attention to detail, ability to responsibly manage confidential information, and maintain strong adherence to compliance and data integrity requirements.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Support bi-weekly on-cycle and daily off-cycle payroll processing
- Monitor payroll inbox and assist with payroll inquiries
- Manage Zen Desk ticketing system, coordinating with outsourced processing team
- Manage timesheets
- Assist with ad-hoc interdepartmental payroll related information requests
- Assist with state agency correspondence and compliance documentation requests
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit requests
- Coordinate with finance team on reconciliation inquiries and requests
- Support ongoing process improvement projects
- Additional duties as needed
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Must have 2-4 years of payroll processing experience
- Must have experience with Workday payroll
- BS/BA or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in general accounting
- Experience with multi-state processing preferred
- Experience with equity transactions a plus
- Experience with international processing a plus
Experience working within biotech/pharma a plus
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!