Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Project Manager/Project Specialist
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Our client is seeking: Project Manager/Project Specialist
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Contract – 3-6 months+
- Pay rate: 65-67/hr.
- Job Location: Framingham, MA
- Job#: bh12144
The Logistics Business Unit is searching for a Project Specialist to support the ongoing development of the Logistics Program/Project Management function, executing our project-based business in the Americas region. The project specialist will display sufficient business acumen in order to help the project execution team to visualize and monitor effectiveness and performance, creating and providing tools to allow managers and senior managers to drive the business.
The role will additionally lead revenue recognition planning, manpower forecasting via dealings with all pre- and post-sale stakeholders, including clients as required, general support and documentation development and adherence of the project management team to defined procedures. Coordinate project activities, collaborate with project team members, prepare supporting material and analysis for project plans, progress reports and analysis presentations.
This position is also positioned as a development opportunity from that of Specialist into other areas of the Logistics business such as, but not limited to a full-time Project Manager position.
This will require you to cooperate with and lead our Project Managers and work closely with our customers, Logistics Sales and Solutions and Pursuit teams, ID Business Unit and Field Service resources.
We are looking for an individual who has the ability to support our rapidly expanding Project Management team and someone with the capacity to take on increasing responsibilities.
Essential Role Functions
- Work daily with internal departments to plan and coordinate service resources, material movements and deliveries
- Report revenue recognition planning, manpower forecasting, resource capacity and utilization, project quality and profitability review for the execution team, using Microsoft power BI
- Provide support to staff and team members such as project managers, solution engineers and sales engineers validating critical data accuracy and completeness
- Increasingly develop required skills to take on project management activities
- Organize and maintain project files and databases
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- BS or MS in engineering or business management field or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, quality and accuracy
- Strong organization and task management skills
- Desire to work collaboratively to meet team objectives
- Ability to multitask projects and opportunities in a dynamic and fast-moving industry
- Relevant professional and industry specific certifications (PMP, CSCP, etc.) are an advantage.
- Experience in the materials handling industry a significant plus.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g., Microsoft Power BI).
- Strong background in Microsoft Office (Excel) skills with VBA language an advantage
Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!