Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 100-125K
- Job Location: White River Junction, VT
- Job# bh12126
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Relocation is available and general salary will depend on experience
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to develop turbomachinery designs for radial and axial compressors, pumps and turbines. The ideal candidate should have a Master’s in mechanical or aerospace engineering, and minimum 7 years of experience in mechanical design of industrial machinery. Turbomachinery design is a plus.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will:
• Perform several clean-sheet turbomachinery design projects at a time. Example turbomachine design projects include fuel pumps for the next-generation rocket turbo pumps, air dynamometers, reverse-Brayton cryocoolers, supercritical CO2 generators, turbomachinery test rigs, advanced diffuser technology, just to name a few.
• Work with a team of world-class experts in turbomachinery and highly capable support staff in other business units.
• Experience the benefit of having a high-impact role in a small business (80-100 employees), enabling you to contribute to variety of projects from concept to completion.
• Apply engineering principles in statics, dynamics, fluid flow, heat transfer, and mechanical design to aid in the development of turbomachinery hardware, and other specialized products.
• Experience the benefits of working in a New England town, such as exceptional opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast, excellence in medical centers and schools, and cultural amenities offered by Dartmouth College.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
• MS in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
• 7 years of experience in the field of mechanical design/analysis. Turbomachinery preferred.
• Proficient in the use of GD&T to produce/review high-quality manufacturing drawings.
• Capable of performing advanced mechanical analysis using FEA tools such as ANSYS.
• Experience managing/leading design projects in a cross-functional environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to drive change, manage conflict, and achieve results
• Must be US citizen or US permanent resident.
Benefits include health/dental/life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k), ESOP, and tuition reimbursement. EOE. Non-nicotine users only.
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to email@example.com. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!