Connexion’s mission is to provide "best in class" services to job seekers. We strive to achieve excellence in job placement, staffing, and recruiting services, while treating candidates with the professionalism and respect they deserve.
Title: CNC Lathe Set-up Operator
Hiring Organization: Connexion Systems & Engineering
Compensation, Benefits, and Employment Type
- Duration – Permanent
- Pay rate: 25-30/hr.
- Job Location: Hudson, MA
- Job# bh12125
CNC Lathe Set-up Operator
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with an aerospace background
Responsible for running and maintaining CNC lathes to machine various parts in an aerospace machine shop environment. Ensures consistent part quality and repeatability.
- Set up and operate CNC lathe machines for running production parts
- Perform in-process adjustments, including minor tooling offsets
- Modify/adjust Mastercam files to achieve dimensional requirements
- Perform detailed inspection of parts using precision measuring equipment
- Perform daily machine maintenance, including checking levels of oil and coolant, clearing chips and greasing chuck
- Identify and replace worn cutting inserts
- Perform set up and in-process documentation of critical parts
- Use crane and loading fixtures to move parts in and out of machines
- HS diploma or equivalent (degree in vocational trade school preferred); plus 3 years of experience as CNC Operator
- 1-3 years of experience with Mastercam programming
- Must be able to read and understand machining drawings, with knowledge of ANSI Y14.5
- Strong mechanical skills
- Experience using relevant tools and instruments: micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, dial indicators, depth micrometers
- Strong PC skills (MS Word and Excel) and communication skills
- Some knowledge of ISO 9001
- Basic knowledge of G-Code
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis
- Manual lathe experience a plus
Our client is seeking: Please use the apply button to submit your resume for consideration. A Connexion Representative will contact you immediately.
When responding to this job posting you MUST include the Job# and Job Title in your subject line.
If you are active in a job search but this job is not for you, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be glad to help you find the perfect job!